Sunday, August 19, 2007

A Series of Unfortunate Events



The Bajaj Pulsar 180cc DTS-i!! Thats my bike, my wonderful bike!!...And im not showing off!!:P Im not here to speak about the bike and about its great aspects...This is about some ridiculous mishappenings that i had to face with my bike...And the latest, was the one that happened today!!! A series of unfortunate events :(


hmmm...The day was 18.1.2007. My birthday and my bike was there for the taking!! Wow!! It was just an awesome feeling!! Felt like i was the happiest man in the world!!:D I got on my bike and turned the throttle to the maximum...Zoom!!! I was flying!! wow... wow... wow...It felt great!!!:D Everyday, my first duty was to clean my bike of any dust it had...Any spec of foreign substance on the bike...I would feel terrible!! Human nature or so, all this pampering was jus for about a week...And then everything was back to normal!!:P


Everything was fine until one bright sunny morning!! I was already late for college, so had to do everything in a hurry...I went out of my house, opened the gate, Parked my bike outside and hastily returned to close the gate!! Plump!! I heard a sound...The 2 wheeler was on the ground...Great!! Atlast what i din want to happen, happened!! The stand was not in the correct postion, so naturally what do you expect?:( The first unfortunate happening!!


Two days later....I returned back home from college. oops!! I had to get a new note book for my observation...So as soon as i came..i left to a shop nearby!! "Time" i think is an important factor of life!! It changes every damn thing!! And i guess it was my time for an accident!! I was riding at normal speed, and one crackpot in a TVS50 crossed the road, not even bothering to look left or right!! It had rained for the whole day, making the road slippery!! Seeing this dumbo crossing, i stepped on the brake...srrr!! and the wheel skidded and i was thrown out of the bike!! The TVS was absolutely safe!! And it was me who was skidding on the road along with my bike!! Thank god!! I was lucky:D...I suffered only minor injuries...The bike gained a few scratches...That was my first official accident on a motor vehicle...:(The second unfortunate happening!!


A disastorous week indeed, atleast for me!!



What is DTS-i?? Digital twin spark ignition!! The feature that my bike is acclaimed for...so what!! It doesnt mean that there aint be any problem with the ignition!! yeah...a problem again!! I start the bike and rise the throtlle and what i hear is a rattling noice from the silencer!! Gosh!! Dunno what went wrong?!?! Everything was perfectly fine, but it wouldn move!! The sun was in full form!!Scorching!!I called 2 of my friends and they arrived...So we planned for a stunt!!:D The plan was to pull the bike, upto my house(was on my way back to home from college)!! After a few tries, we were succesful!! I managed to hold on to one my friends arms who was riding another bike!! I din mind the people around who gazed wierdly at us, not able to ubderstand wat we were trying to do:P...Sigh!! Atlast i reached home...Safe and secure!! And being a sunday, no mechanics!! Guess no press photographer had taken a picture of us!! No prob even if the pic was taken!! Atleast i would feature in the newspaper!!:P And the third unfortunate event!!:(


Thats all folks!!!A series of unfortunate events!! ...But HAKUNA MATATA!!:D All part of life!!:P...Anyways, i do like my bike, and i enjoy riding it!!!

- Hary Tas

1 comments:

Sanu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.